I am a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the state of Colorado and a National Certified Counselor (NCC). I earned my Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology and Counselor Education from the University of Colorado Denver.
I have been practicing since 2009, and I have been in private practice since 2011.
I am a child of divorce and a survivor of depression and anxiety.
Stuff About You and Me
My style and my beliefs about therapy and our relationship influence our work together. These are some of my guiding principles:
- You are the expert in your life; so rather than providing advice, my role is to facilitate you discovering what works for you.
- Our therapy relationship provides a space where you can practice new behaviors, ways of being, and ways of interacting.
- Feelings are not good or bad, they just are—the consequences of those feelings are what we can influence.
- Therapy can be an opportunity to discover our truth and to identify our values, goals and beliefs.
- Truth is therapeutic and empowering.
If you have questions about how to choose a therapist who feels right for you, please give me a call so we can briefly discuss whether you and I might work well together. I am happy to provide referrals as well.